I am still slogging along with this beast, but there’s light at the end of the tunnel!
I took a slight detour and worked on another mini project for part of the week. I finished it and I’ll post pictures next week. I made it for a friend and I don’t want to ruin the surprise. I also successfully made last week’s birthday castle into a card using a lot of double-sided tape and a few pins (thanks for the suggestion Cross Stitch TV!)
It was actually a lot easier to mount than I thought it would be.
As for Mirabelle, I am too lazy to remove her from her snap-frame, so the edges are cut off in the photos, but I managed to work up the left side with the peach border and run it alllllll the way across the top. The awkward size of the frameâ€”11×17 means I’ve literally stitched upside down and backwards to try and work comfortably. At least the project is making me feel like super woman.
The border along the top isn’t quite as bad as I thought. With a few more X-Files episodes (yup, I’m rewatching the series while I stitch this) I think I could get it done.
After that it’s just filling in the bottom, which is feeling more and more doable. I filled in all of the darker green, and all of the single vertical rows, so I have the big empty space where the flourishes of light green and light brown go and then just the solid brown and light green that flank the dark green. I’ve so got this. Hopefully by next week I’ll be doing the backstitch.
I haven’t even opened the backstitch diagram. I have no idea how much I have to do, but I know it has some intricate parts with a really interesting silver and black thread.
Until next week!