The big slog is about to begin.
As of this morning I finished all of the main design except the white in the horse. Gorjuss is clinging to him hair and ribbons flying. I think I’ll wait until after doing the borders before fill in the horse because I may get my greasy mitts all over it or spill coffee or chocolate sprinkles. Who knows. I just think it’ll stay more pristine if I do it last. So here’s what I got:
I just plugged away last week. I didn’t have any major mishaps, thankfully. The mane was time consuming, but everything went smoothly. Now all that’s left is the blue sky background on the top with a few planets (that’s what that ball is in the top right), stars and a moon, and then the rainbow the horse is leaping over on the bottom made entirely out of sparkly thread that’s already driving me nuts because it doesn’t want to stay on the card. Then I’m in the clear for backstitch, star sequins, and beads—with the white part of the horse done sometime before that.
I have no idea how long all of that will take. The border at the top is done with only one strand of thread, which is usually quicker than regular two-strand stitches because I don’t have to worry about threads lying neatly or tangling. Also, the thread goes twice as long, so fewer stops and starts. I’m hoping it will only take me a few days, but we’ll see.
Wish me luck and continued motivation. Maybe after this one I really will take a break. Riiiight.